InstallShield 6: fixme:ole:_StubReaderThread Failed with hres 80004005

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 22 14:33:55 CST 2003

Probably not, because locking is not impeleted into the server.
Note that you can do :
wine IKernel.exe
and in another terminal do :
mv IKernel.exe IKernel.exe_
> Subsequent runs of the installer produce the error "error installing
> iKernel.exe: (0x1400)"
> probably because iKernel.exe is locked, and can't be overwritten.
> Killing all wine processes, e.g.
>    killall wine
> lets the next run get past the 0x1400 error.
>
> I'm not stuck or even terribly bothered by this,
> but I thought I'd document it here in case anyone's
> interested.
> - Dan
>
> --
> Dan Kegel
> http://www.kegel.com
> http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".