App works almost perfectly, but one MDI screen won't draw

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Thu Jan 23 08:11:20 CST 2003

> So then it becomes a matter of figuring out where they should
> be generated.

Yeah, that's the big that usually gets me :) Are they the sort of
messages that should be generated by Wine or the app?

What happens if the app doesn't call BeginPaint in a WM_PAINT handler.
Is that an API violation, or are there reasons for it? MSDN had an
explanation that seemed to suggest that in certain unusual circumstances
you didn't need to call it, but I don't remember exactly what.

> It is a bit of a
> mystery to me why the call is bad; it is a call directly from the app. I
> wonder if the wrong function is being called for some reason. But that
> is something I will look into later.

How common is it for apps to actually make bad API calls? QuickTime
seemed to do that, is it rare or not?

thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>