LockFile support

Eric POUECH Eric.Pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 23 08:29:04 CST 2003

> Now, it USED to work under Wine. It no longer does. The program coughs
> up an error "No access to directory", and stderr shows a bunch of
> "LockFile not supported in server" errors.
LockFile didn't change AFAICT. What may have changed is:
- timing of some operations may have changed (and if LockFile is really used & several threads/processes are used, this changes the whole picture)
- reading operations has been a bit improved (which comes back to bullet above)
But, I don't think those would lead to the no access to directory error. I think it's more something in the file management code which can play in this area, not the file locking.

> Are there plans to add LockFile support into Wine?
they've been some talks of implementing it lately, but not lots of very conclusive so far.

A+