Whither fnt2bdf?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jan 23 12:14:33 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>>What happened to fnt2bdf?
>>It was removed as of
>>http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/wine/tools/Makefile.in.diff?r1=1.20&r2=1.21
>
> It's still available, it's just no longer installed by default, as
> part of the effort to clean up the namespace of things we install in
> /usr/bin. Anyway these days you are much better off using client-side
> fonts than trying to manually convert Windows fonts to X format.

Does that mean Wine can natively handle .fnt fonts (which
X libraries can't natively, I believe) as client side X fonts?
I suppose Wine would need some user-space app to manage
these fonts, then?

Fonts are a total pain to support right.  I think Red Hat 8.1
might be the first version of Red Hat to get it right...
I can hope, anyway...
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel