RtlpWaitForCriticalSection?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jan 23 15:59:09 CST 2003

Christian Costa wrote:
>>> In that case our InitializeCriticalSection macro would have one more
>>> parameter (the name) than the real function.
>>
>> Nope.  It wouldn't.  We would construct the name from __FILE__ and
>> __LINE__.
>>
> So you suggest to not set a name ?
> What happened if there are two or more critical sections in the same
> source file, a file that has changed.
> Having no name make things harder to distinguish them in a log.
> OK, it is a little paranoid. :-)

It would have the filename and line number as the name... that
would be enough to let you distinguish between locks.
And it even lets you know if you have the right sources,
'cause otherwise the line number won't match :-)

The chief advantage, though, is that it gets us automatically
generated names with no source changes, at least for static calls.
(Won't help with ones done via GetProcAddr, but that's ok.)
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com