Packagers Guide Update #5

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Mon Jan 27 01:16:59 CST 2003

Vincent Béron wrote:

>Le dim 26/01/2003 à 15:38, Tony Lambregts a écrit :
>

>>If we cannot replace the <> around wineconf the burning question for me
>>is what is the directive to tell the make process ignore <wineconfig>
>>Does anyone have an idea?  Vincent...?
>>

>Define it somewhere as a noop? I'm not familiar at all with writing
>docbook, I only played with the executable tools.

LOL.  So it seems that by default I am the current docbook "expert".
That's almost scary.

Oh well... This leaves us with two options. Both options require that we
modifiy the config file.

Option 1: Since AFAICT <wineconfig>  is just a comment that serves no
real purpose we just get rid of it.

Option 2: wrap the config file in

<![CDATA[

 ]]>

<! [CDATA[ is a directive to ignore all tags untill ]]>. Unfortunately
this needs to be embeded in the document that uses it or it won't work.
So we have two ways of doing this. one way is to modify the config file
so that they are in it (ugly) or we use a configure script to wrap
<![CDATA[ and ]]> around the config and create a new file.  (This is not
something I know how to do, but if it is nessesary I am willing to learn)

My vote (for what its worth ) if <wineconf> is not needed lets just get
rid of it.

--

Tony Lambregts