PATCH: glibc 2.3.x and errno

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Jan 28 01:43:49 CST 2003

Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> On the other hand, maybe it would now be possible to implement Wine
> threads on top of regular pthreads; at least some of the inhibitors
> should be gone now, e.g. you can have thread stacks at arbitrary locations
> and sizes, and there is no master thread any more ...  Unfortunately I
> don't quite remember the full list of problems we had with pthreads ;-/

It occurs to me that implementing Wine threads on top of pthreads
would probably get rid of a few of the problems keeping us from running
Wine under Valgrind.  Short of getting the Stanford Checker guys
interested in the Wine source tree, I can't think of an cooler
way to look for stupid memory bugs in Wine...
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com