w2k Explorer makes wine crash in RtlRaiseException [Virus checked]

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jan 30 01:01:24 CST 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
 >>Apparently you can get this corruption even if you dont run explorer
 >>directly since some programs (like msn) will  call explorer.exe.
 >
 > why dont we apply the patch for the implementation of explorer.exe
 > proposed by Dan Kegel ? It would stop all reports like this.
 >
 > http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/01/0768.html

If MSN is calling explorer, maybe we should apply the patch regardless
of the bug reports.  It'd be nice if MSN was closer to working on fake windows.

BTW, my patch only implements one commandline parameter, a directory name.
Anyone know if MSN or any other common program uses any of the other
options the real explorer.exe offers?

Maybe I should update my patch so the fake explorer aborts if you
use an unrecognized option.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel