Run from the build tree possible?

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Jan 30 10:31:39 CST 2003

Ferenc Wagner a écrit:
> Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:
>

>>Huh ? Doing 'make install' from the DLL directory where
>>you did the change is too slow ?
>

> Not the 'make install' alone, but the administration to keep
> my distribution's package management happy.

If it's just that, the easiest is to install in a user's subdir (eg,
/home/vincent/wine/usr). Under the main one you have lib, bin, etc.

That's what I do for wine and other rapidly evolving projects, or to
test a new package before properly packaging it for systemwide deployment.

Of course, wine let's you use it inside it's build dir, so it may be
easier to just do that.

Vincent