ReactOS cmd exe (was Re: Explorer)

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Fri Jan 31 21:31:06 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On January 31, 2003 01:44 pm, Steven Edwards wrote:
>

>>If the WINE project is going to start a implementation of explorer.exe then
>>we will work off of that.
>>

>Having a Wine-explorer would be a useful addition I think. It would give us
>a nice browser (people coming from Windows will appreciate it), and a good
>test for our shell32 and listview stuff. Having just a wrapper around whatever
>we have now is not that useful. But again, this is more a project for Wine 1.0
>or beyond, not 0.9. I'll add it to my Fun Projects page.

Speaking of cooperation and all that I noticed that ReactOS has a
version of cmd.exe that is superior in capability (at least at first
glance) to the wcmd that we current have in cvs.  I for one would like
to see some merging of capabilities. Is there a reason that these two
projects command interpreters should not share the same source.

--

Tony Lambregts