Don't set stacking order against unvisible windows

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Tue Jul 1 08:09:48 CDT 2003

> Since you don't know what Alexandre means by "other things", you
> certainly can't compare what evil is lesser :-)

Surely it couldn't break ..... notepad!?! That would be awful! :)

> Anyway, I believe
> that Alexandre already mentioned that making desktop mode work is
> a part of the planned window management rewrite which will be done
> soon.

For the time being I found that removing the InstallShield AppDefaults
entries made it not crash anyway (but the window management was
obviously messed up).

The main problem is that the recommendation has always been to install
things into Wine - if InstallShield doesn't work, users fall at the
first hurdle.

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center