6 question

Jeff Smith whydoubt at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 11:20:03 CDT 2003

> > > 5) there is a freeware game
> > > http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/xo1.zip
> > > that if i start like:
> > > # wine d:\\xo\xo.exe
> >
> > Maybe it is the missing second backslash between the directory and execuable names.
> > I prefer to change to the directory and run it from there, but that is me.
> i wrong to write here the application start but it given error.

What error does it give?

> How can u change the to the path? u only go inside and exec from there?
> or there are an other method?

You can change to the equivalent unix path and run it.  For instance, if the D drive
is set to /mnt/d, you could do this from a console:
  cd /mnt/d/xo
  wine xo.exe
I believe you could also run wineconsole and do this (I do not use wineconsole often):
  D:
  cd xo
  xo
By the way, your way *should* work, but I sometimes have better luck running from the
directory where the executable is located, which is what is done in both the examples
I gave.