Two font problems

E Lea ed at centralmanclc.com
Wed Jul 9 04:32:22 CDT 2003

I'm having what seem to be two unrelated font issues with a CAD program.

The first is concerned with selecting a font. The program seems to use a
fairly non-standard intreface for doing this - you can set font size in mm
for example. When the dialog opens this message is printed to stdout:

fixme:commdlg:CFn_WMInitDialog No founds found with truetype only, dropping
flag.

I am assuming that this is a case for s/founds/fonts/ or not? The dialog
does give the option of TTFs, and previews them, although only very small,
possibly the smallest size available.

The second problem occurs when the program actually tries to add the
specified text to the CAD drawing. This message is printed to stdout:

err:font:XFONT_RealizeFont plf->lfHeight = -2048, Creating a 100 pixel font
and rescaling metrics

and a windows error style message box is produced that has the message
"Error! GetGlyphOutline failed. Unable to get character outline.". The
program is clearly trying to convert the text to a vector graphic so that it
can treat it like any other shape, but failing.

Should I file two bug reports about this? The software is commercial and so
I can not provide a copy for anyone to reproduce this error.