Question about improving debugging on Mingw build

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 13:55:39 CDT 2003

Hello,
I am interested in improving debugging for dlls built with either Mingw or MS_VC if that is ever
fixed. We are to the point now where a lot of needed dlls can be built with little or no changes
and so I would like to start doing some major testing on Windows and ReactOS but I am unable to
see TRACE/WARN/ERR and FIXME messages. Can we make libwine debug channels use OutputDebugString or
one of the *printf functions or hell even MessageBox on Windows? In the ReactOS tree one of our
developer started his own debug dll with the WINE debug channels using out DbgPrint function but I
would like to implement something that is usable on both ReactOS and Windows.

Thanks
Steven