Question about IPC between WINE and other processes

dd jj xmen21cn at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 16:36:10 CDT 2003

Hello Mike,

So as my understanding, even recompile the original windows codes using WINELIB will not work, am I correct?

Since finding window info under cursor is only one of the functionality in this application,
it will be a huge work to rewrite all the codes for X window. Is there any Avenue to port such a windows application to Linux? Using Visual Mainwin or Win/U is better choices?
or any other comments on it?

Thanks a lot!

-Lechun

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> wrote:
Programs run under emulation are only aware of other Wine programs. If
you want to write an app like that, you'd need to rewrite it for Linux.

BTW, you might want to talk to a guy named Bill Haneman (i think that's
the spelling). He does Gnome accessibility, and i think they have an app
that can read info about stuff under the mouse cursor.