PPC CPU Detection in configure

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Sun Jul 13 10:51:53 CDT 2003

On dimanche, juil 13, 2003, at 14:26 Europe/Paris, Marcus Meissner
wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 02:20:53PM +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a patch which adds CPU Detection for the PowerPC Processor in
>> configure.ac. There wasn't any in configure, is there any reason? By
>> the way there is two flags for the powerpc : __PPC__ and __powerpc__
>> any reason, or should they be unified?
>
> My gcc already defines them correctly.

Darwin's default gcc doesn't know the __PPC__ and the __powerpc__
flags, but knows the __ppc__ and the __POWERPC__ flags, no luck :( . So
I think we should defined them in configure, I dont think it is a
problem on the linux side, is it?

Thanks,

Pierre