Relocate error

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Jul 14 07:22:51 CDT 2003

Hi

I worked with wine about six months ago. Except some minor errors my
app worked quite good in wine. Then I didn't have time anymore. Now I
tried again with the newest wine from cvs. But now I can't even start my
app anymore. Wine gives me this error:

err:virtual:map_image FATAL: Need to relocate module from addr 40000000, but there are no relocation records
wine: could not load 'C:\IMD\Bin\Imd.exe' as Win32 binary

I looked in the archives and the only messages concerning this error were
at least two years old stating that this error has been fixed long ago.
I didn't change this link address in my app (VC6), it has been there even
before I started with wine at all. But when I change this address to say
0x48000000 then it works. So is there something else on this address?

I know six months is a long time and a lot happened this year. But does
anybody know if this is a real error? What could have introduced this
behaviour as it worked a few months ago?

Thanks

Fabi