Good News : WineMine Works on Mac OS X :)

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Jul 16 08:13:44 CDT 2003

> Gee, flamebaiting already?

*sigh* No, debugging tips. It's alright at the moment, because Pierre
knows that Wine builds, and that WineMine runs. Wine doesn't ship if it
doesn't build, and WineMine is so basic it hardly ever breaks. What
happens when it gets more complex - how do you know if the bug is due to
some odd interaction with the MacOS parts, or actually a bug in Wine
itself (or even the app) ? The easiest way is to run in different
environments and see what changes.

> : Better, why not help make Linux as nice as MacOS, then you wouldn't need
> : to go to all this hassle in the first place.
>
> I don't see how this has anything to do with the scope of the thread.  This
> isn't "mklinux-devel".

Just a philosophical difference.