Internet Explorer related trivia

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jul 17 10:47:38 CDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Mike Hearn wrote:
[...]
> As we might end up cloning large parts of the Internet Explorer
> infrastructure someday, it's worth knowing roughly how much Microsoft
> invested/lost on it:
>
>    $1.25 billion dollars

Bah. I'm sure it's peanuts compared to what Microsoft invested in and
earned from the sale of the various versions of Microsoft Windows that
Wine replaces.

And I would say that Wine is starting to score points on that front
(even if there is still a lot of work). So it's not like such a
statistic should deter or discourage us from doing whatever we feel is
necessary.