[RESENT]: Fixed winedbg example configuration

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Fri Jul 18 01:09:58 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech wrote:

>> These are two separate changes:
>>
>> a) Wine's registry needs to preserve ordering (c++ builder, presumably
>> among others)
>> b) BiGgUn wants to reorder the winedbg lines for some reason.  I'm not
>> saying he's right (I don't understand why he wants to reorder things
>> like that), but I am saying that if he is wrong, it's not because this
>> would be reordered anyway.  Basically, I'm not supporting his patch,
>> I'm saying Alexandre's reason for rejection is wrong.
>
> I still agree with Alexandre here. Order of keys in registry doesn't
> matter when loading, moreover, next time wine exits, the keys get
> automatically reordered (and saved), so I don't understand the need of
> the key reordering.

The point is that the automatic reordering should go away because it's
causing at least one bug that I know of.  Keys should be read out of the
registry in the same order they were written to it.  Thus, saying "this
is a no-op because keys are reordered" isn't a valid argument against
BiGgUn's patch.  You could equally say "This patch seems completely
pointless, key re-ordering or not", though and I'd be quite happy.

--
Jon Bright
Lead Programmer, Silicon Circus Ltd.