DirectSound problems

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Jul 19 12:07:42 CDT 2003

Hi,

Just trying out EV Nova (a game), I get lots and lots of errors like
this:

err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x5579a110
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=15872
< primary_done=21168)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=15872
< primary_done=17640)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=15872
< primary_done=17640)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=15872
< primary_done=21168)
err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x5579a110

and the soundy is choppy, drops out and is distorted. Yes, I am forcing
HEL emulation.

What sort of thing causes these errors? Any idea what I can do to fix
it?

thanks -mike