something I intend working on that will help make wine "more complete"

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Jul 20 13:47:30 CDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
>
> > IMHO the more complete our spec files the better. Even if we just add
> > stubs.
>
> In many cases apps will check for a function existence and call it if
> it exists, so adding a stub can actually break things compared to not
> having the function at all. If you want to add all these stubs then
> I'd suggest commenting them out until they either get implemented, or
> we find an app that really needs the entry point.

We already have a lot of stubs in the spec files. Does it mean we should
comment them out? Of course, that too could break applications.

IMHO we should add all the stubs we want and comment out only those that
are confirmed to cause an application to crash. And preferably after
trying to implement the stub which is of course the best solution.

                  A black hole is just God dividing by zero.