Problam compiling wine rpm with icu support

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at
Sun Jul 20 16:10:05 CDT 2003

puoti wrote:

>I've just installed icu 2.6 on a fresh install of Mandrake Linux 9.1, and was
>compiling wine-20030709 when I noticed a configure message saying
>checking if we can staticly link icu... no
>and I'm wondering what I've done wrong. Should I try with icu 2.4, or must I
>compile icu with some special option? Please help, for various reasons this
>month's wine rpm for mandrake is already very late.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm CCing the mailing list, in case someone
there has a better clue as to the problem.

Can you please send me the config.log file?

Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant
Home page & resume -