Question about using DLL generated by winemaker

dd jj xmen21cn at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 19:01:13 CDT 2003

Sorry, I forgot to mention my formal command which generate ping.dll.so ...

%winemaker --lower-uppercase .
%./configure --with-wine-includes=/usr/local/include/wine/windows
%make

Thank you.

-Lechun

Hello Rodrick,

Thanks a lot for your advices, now I am able to use winemaker to generate ping.dll.so (it take me a long time, lots of copiler errors there :) ).

But somehow when I run my application under wine:

%wine ./ping.exe

It just terminate itself. (I suppose it should wait for user's input here) but it return back to prompt state:

%

Did you happen to know what's the problem, I checked it and found it seems the pin.dll.so works, but somehow terminate the whole program... really wield.

All the best.

-Lechun

Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:
The tool winedump is used if I'm right to create a "stub" (empty) dll from a
M$ dll. In your case since you have the source code and all you should use
winemaker. There are dozens of options to give it to create an exectuble, a
library and so on. Just copy the full windows source over and winemaker
should create makefiles.

Good Luck,
Roderick