Typelib marshalling BSTRs

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Wed Jul 23 05:15:38 CDT 2003

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:41:12AM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > Perhaps, this really indicates some kind of problem with the loading / linking
> > or the spec.c file or something like that?  Does the behavior change if you
> > take out the RpcTryFinally?  I would guess not.
>
> It does not. To recap:
>
> REFIID riid = NULL;  - fails, because assignments to it are silently
> ignored
>

> REFIID riid;
> riid = NULL;  -  works, because ..... it confuses the gremlins?
Is this in a callback function and riid isn't used in the function? If
yes then the gcc is probably throwing the variable away. Did you tried
to compile it with -O0 or just put a "volatile" in front of it:
volatile REFIID riid = NULL;

bye
	michael

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart