Trackbar size fixes

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:53:23 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 05:19, Duane Clark wrote:
>
>>I have done quite a bit of comparison testing with ControlSpy on Wine
>>and Win2K, so these changes should be accurate. Mainly done to fix
>>earthquake (which was completely broken).
>>
>>Changelog:
>>	Fix the size/position of the thumb/channel/tics to match Win.
>

> There's clearly something strange going on here we don't fully
> understand - this patch breaks Internet Explorer again. See attached
> screenshot. Builtin after this patch is on the left, native (98) is in
> the middle, CVS wine is on the right.

Hmm, attached is what that looks like for me. So I don't know why it
looks bad to you.

> Horizontal trackbars are still OK, though with this patch the thumb is
> bigger than native 98. I didn't bother with a screenshot of that since
> it still looks OK.

One part of the code I did not test is the function
TRACKBAR_InitializeThumb(), which sets the initial thumb length. My
confidence in that part is not very good, since it doesn't make sense to
have different calculations for the horizontal and vertical bars. So if
someone were to do some simple testing to verify/correct that function,
it would be a good thing.

All of the rest of the patch sets the rest of the dimensions of the
control based on the length of the thumb and the size of the window,
which is how Windows does it. That part I tested extensively, and am
very confident is correct.