Strange behavior on build

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Tue Jul 29 18:22:25 CDT 2003

I'm having a strange behavior trying to build Wine on my machine at work
(which is a modified RH7.3 machine):

First of all, if I attempt to do a standard CVS checkout followed by a
make depend, the make depend failes with a "dlls - no such directory"
error, even though it exists.

Changing SHELL=/bin/sh to SHELL=/bin/bash in Make.rules and re-running
configure fixes this, but then I get stuck in a loop building - it looks
like the makefile starts building the dependancy "wine", then builds
"libs", then decides it needs to build "wine" to build "libs" and starts
that, then builds "libs"....

I'm at a bit of a loss to explain the behavior, so does anybody have any
good suggestions?

Versions:
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release (i586-redhat-linux-gnu)
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i386-redhat-linux-gnu
Linux version 2.4.20-openmosix1 (root@(none)) (gcc version 2.96 20000731
(Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-113)) #1 Sun Jan 12 04:18:51 CST 2003

(if you would be so kind, please copy my work address of David
decimalpoint Hagood ('A'-1) aeroflex decimalpoint com since I am only
subscribed to the list on my personal email).