CreateFile("conin$") issue

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 2 14:54:46 CDT 2003

> EP> for this call to work correctly, you must run your app in a console.
> EP> using wineconsole <yourapp> instead of wine <yourapp> should fix it
>
> Isn't there any way to make 'wine' work also ?
no, wine doesn't create a win32 console (which is needed by opening
conin$, which open the input of the win32 console attached to the
running process). running wine simply redirects the Win32 standard
handles to unix 0/1 (whatever they are) but doesn't create any console.

> I've got some problems with wineconsole (latest CVS) and my Mandrake 9.1.

what type of problem ?
A+

--
Eric Pouech