Add root drive mapping to default config file

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Jun 3 07:40:36 CDT 2003

On June 3, 2003 06:47 am, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Mapping the root is a bad security decision, even if we don't see the
> exact attack vector at the moment.

This is of course just FUD. Unix programs don't have such restrictions
(they always see /), and there's no security problem there. To use the
stupid drive letters to obfuscate the system is just a way of keeping
people from using Wine at all. Maybe this is where the security lies...

Even though I know about the problem, I find it incredibly annoying and
stupid when Wine complains about that. I think we absolutely need the
Z drive for the 0.9 release, we might as well add it now.

--
Dimi.