Add root drive mapping to default config file

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Tue Jun 3 08:38:01 CDT 2003

> I don't remembered the details, but I do remember that the
> virus could get out the the net because of that / being in the wine config.

How did that work? I can't think of anything whatsoever that a win32
program under emulation could do with ro access to / - it can't run ELF
apps, it can't write, it can't understand the format of the config files
even!

> So having / in the default config file is a very very bad idea, because these
> problems could happen again in the future.

The solution is for people not to use mail apps that implicitly trust
any local software which gives them email, not to annoy and frustrate
users of Wine for no obvious reason. As I've already said, I'd need
strong proof that having / mapped allowed viruses to spread more easily
before I'd accept this argument.

> BTW I've added binaries and source of winesetuptk to the wine
> sourceforge page, the license is gpl.

Cool :)

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>