Major FUD (was Re: Add root drive mapping to default config file)B

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Jun 3 13:19:28 CDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Lionel Ulmer wrote:

> So it will mask other bugs like games checking that their data file are on a
> CD-Rom and failing because the data is accessed via the '/' overide and not
> the CD-Rom path.

This seems like a different issue. In fact, this will be solved if we also
had a proper definition for the CDROM, wouldn't it?

> So I mostly object for aesthetically reasons (ie as we emulate Windows, be
> as kludgy as Windows : use drive letters :-) ). For a Winelib application, I
> would agree with Dimi though.

Ideally, they would all go through the same configuration. In fact, right
now there is little difference between wine app and Winelib apps. In a way
the Windows registry (which will contain all of the above configuration)
is the equivalent of /etc in Unix, whould be nuts to have different ones
for different apps (as common practice :)).

--
Dimi.