CreateFile("conin$") issue

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 3 13:58:07 CDT 2003

Oleg Prokhorov wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> Tuesday, June 3, 2003, 2:54:46 AM, you wrote:
>
> EP> no, wine doesn't create a win32 console (which is needed by opening
> EP> conin$, which open the input of the win32 console attached to the
> EP> running process). running wine simply redirects the Win32 standard
> EP> handles to unix 0/1 (whatever they are) but doesn't create any console.
> What's the purpose of this separated functionality ? In the other
> words why wine doesn't open console by default ?
because some people don't want a wine console and are looking for the
standard unix one instead... using wineconsole (instead of wine) is the
preferred way to go

>>>I've got some problems with wineconsole (latest CVS) and my Mandrake 9.1.
>>
> EP> what type of problem ?
> it prints error message:
> err:wineconsole:WINECON_Init failed to init.
first of all, do you have (n)curses installed ? if not, that's the issue
if yes, could you send me a -debugmsg +server,+wineconsole,+console trace ?
TIA

A+

--
Eric Pouech