Major FUD (was Re: Add root drive mapping to default config file)

Todd Vierling tv at pobox.com
Tue Jun 3 15:46:58 CDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Lionel Ulmer wrote:

: > Now, if someone would like to offer a *technically competent* argument as to
: > why mapping a drive letter to / is bad, I'd love to hear it.
:
: Basically, adding '/' as a drive is to help people which are not able to
: properly configure / install Wine (and who do not understand the 'Drive'
: error message).

I see mapping a drive to `/' as `proper' configuration.  (i.e. If Wine is
meant to integrate apps to the Unix environment, it shold be able to see
the full Unix environment.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv at pobox.com>