GL Header question

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Jun 6 04:32:05 CDT 2003

> Curiously, why glext and not gl? I'd be more for shipping all 3 if required
> or merging them all into one wine header. Could we not just be causing
> ourselves the same problem further down the line otherwise?

It's just because we never had any problems until now with the standard GL
headers... I.e. before we started playing with extensions in D3D / D3D8, we
never had any build problems (basically, we detected GL as not supported in
configure if the gl.h was too old / bad).

So it was just to limit the number of code we add to Wine and the possible
error that will happen to create hundreds of #defines / prototypes.

> Perhaps they are copyright nvidia? :-)

AFAICR, NVIDIA only ships gl.h and glx.h files. You need to get glext.h and
glxext.h yourself. And these we can generate ourselves from the GL extension
registry :-)

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/