DEVENUM.DLL Implementation

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 12:29:11 CDT 2003

> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:59:01 +0200
> From: Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr>
> To: wine-devel at winehq.com
> Subject: Re: DEVENUM.DLL Implementation
>
> Alexandre, Robert,
>
> Do you have any idea why this patch was never comitted to Wine ?

It's probably best to ask Alexandre about this, but it either slipped
through the cracks (and I didn't want to submit it again until I was
completely happy with it) or it was due to depending on other unimplemented
behaviour (IFilterMapper interface).

> Maybe this
> will prevent me to do 'quartz,devenum=n' and only 'quartz=n' to get movies
> in some applications :-)

It should work alright if you can get the patch to apply properly, but IIRC
a few changes conflict with it. I still have a few things I'd like to
improve (like using DirectSound functions to enumerate the DirectSound
devices available) and I will submit another patch when this is done in a
couple of weeks.
As for the future, work on Quartz shouldn't be too hard to do. A minimal
working system would be a File Source 'codec', video and audio renderers and
the graph builder, along with my device enumerator implementation.

Rob