DSound buffer underrun problems with X-Plane

Christian Neumair chris at gnome-de.org
Sat Jun 14 04:45:01 CDT 2003

Am Sam, 2003-06-14 um 07.54 schrieb Jerry Jenkins:
>     Which sound driver did your specify in your wine config file --
> "~/.wine/config" or something similiar?
>     If it's winearts, maybe
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2003/03/0316.html
> is what you need.
When I made the backtrace (see below) I used wineoss. Now that you made
me remember that there are other sound drivers, too, I tried winealsa -
and voila - it works. At least these buffer uderruns occur way more
sparse.
It's a first success, thanks!

>     Otherwise could you do a trace for me? I don't think my 56k modem is
> capable of downloading the program your mentioned :-(. Run your program as:
> wine --debugmsg +wave,+dsound YourProgram.exe >& trace
> where YourProgram.exe the file name of X-Plane and email the file directly
> to me.
The trace way done one minute or so, it just logged the messages during
the startup splash screen where you hear engine sound - so it should be
an ideal test candidate.

I uploaded the trace under [1]. But be warned, it's pretty huge - 350 KB
bzip2'ped, ~17 MB bunzip2'ed.

regs,
 Chris

[1] http://gnome-de.org/~manny/wine.xplane.trace.bz2