NPTL questions again

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Jun 14 08:12:45 CDT 2003

Hi,

If I want to use a standard kernel from kernel.org, ie not the RH9 stock
one, on a RH9 installation, is there anything I need to be aware of?
Everything else seems fine, except that I get wierd threading lockups
when running Wine. Going back to the original kernel fixes them.

Is there any way to rid my RH9 install of NPTL completely? The
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL trick doesn't work, and I'd like to stick with this
kernel I have now but I need to be able to run Wine.

Alternatively if anybody knows of a patch to add NPTL to a standard
2.4.20/21 kernel, then please let me know.

thanks -mike