Status Page Dll's --My Status :)

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Jun 17 01:52:14 CDT 2003

Gregory M. Turner wrote:

>So, maybe the percentage should, indeed, go higher, to 80% or what-have-you
>(I'd still like to finish split cabs, and build some tests, before we go
>bumping the completion percentage).

It won't reach 100% until it's ready. That aside - this is an OpenSource
project. You decide what your itch is.

>  Visual Studio seems to statically link
>against cabinet.dll anyhow -- it's quite possible it wouldn't come up much at
>all -- maybe in WinZip or something.

I doubt winzip is using any of MS's compression, but I may be wrong
here. Check your assumptions against real life is my advice.

>  Certainly the most urgent need for this
>implementation is to get various installers working, which AFAIK only
>requires decompression.
>
>Btw, there are some setupapi APIs which ought to be trivial to bang out once
>the FDI APIs are in place... I think they are all decompression-only, which
>would tend to strengthen the argument that the majority of the utility of the
>dll is in the decompression APIs.

It appears that where work/result is concerned, decompression is the
most important part.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant