wIntegrate on Linux: continued....

Stephen Pedrosa Eilert spedrosa at mailandnews.com
Mon Jun 16 23:09:47 CDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 cartel at cryptocracy.hn.org wrote:

> fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
> {4fbf4bd9-a454-11d1-ab39-00a024709830}, hres is 0x80004005
>
> This is what prompted me to try running the app in native mode (since this
> message goes away if im using native ole dlls.)
> When running in builtin mode and creating a connection, wInteg sits on the
> [Connecting to 127.0.0.1] message. But netstat -nap reports:
> tcp       12      0 127.0.0.1:1220          127.0.0.1:23
> ESTABLISHED 8079/wine
> Of note is that wInteg uses an ActiveX control called wWinSock.ocx. This
> is in keeping with its modular approach to transports (having plugins for
> PicLan, Novell etc). Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the error messages
> concerning OLE, I'm thinking that my problem lies with an incomplete
> implementation of OLE (or at least ActiveX controls) in Wine.
> Specifically, I beleive the actual problem is that the wWinSock object is
> not receiving a signal from Wine that tells it that the connection has
> been opened.
> Anybody have any further suggestions/comments?

Not related to your problem, but I've been running int a couple of
CoCreateInstance problems, more specifically trying to run Morrowind and
Icewind Dale. In the latter case it cannot create the game server, thus
one cannot play. Otherwise it runs fine. For former I've not determined
the exact reason for the crash, but I believe it to be related to the
CoCreateInstance call. Still need to do more research into the subject,
though.

[]'s

Stephen Pedrosa Eilert

'Commit yourself to quality from day one ... it's better to do nothing at
all than to do something badly.'  -Mark H. McCormack