ntdll/kernel32: #27

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jun 17 12:54:48 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I don't need the obfuscation at all (just setting the two lower bits
> of the handle to 1). I used obfuscation to make it easier to track
> bugs. I'll resubmit without the obfuscation macros.

My objection is not so much the obfuscation itself (though I think
it's safer to only touch the lower two bits), but the fact that the
server knows about it. This handle manipulation must be purely client
side, the server must not have to know about it at all; all handles
passed to the server must be normal handles.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com