ntdll/kernel32: #27

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jun 17 15:53:57 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> The discussion we have (at least as I understand it ;-), is whether we
> should manage, on the client side, console handles:
> - as obscure values passed by the server (except for the two low bits
> set to 1) (this is the current patch implementation)
> - or as regular winserver handles with the two low bits set to 1,
> which means cleaning up those bits before sending the handles to the
> server

The second one IMO. The client cannot possibly treat console handles
as opaque values, since it needs to know about the obfuscation/bit
manipulation; it also needs to cope with the STD_*_HANDLE
pseudo-handles. So it's much better to encapsulate all that stuff in
the client than to have the client do half of it and the server do the
other half.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com