ntdll/kernel32: #27

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jun 17 15:53:57 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> The discussion we have (at least as I understand it ;-), is whether we
> should manage, on the client side, console handles:
> - as obscure values passed by the server (except for the two low bits
> set to 1) (this is the current patch implementation)
> - or as regular winserver handles with the two low bits set to 1,
> which means cleaning up those bits before sending the handles to the
> server

The second one IMO. The client cannot possibly treat console handles
as opaque values, since it needs to know about the obfuscation/bit
manipulation; it also needs to cope with the STD_*_HANDLE
pseudo-handles. So it's much better to encapsulate all that stuff in
the client than to have the client do half of it and the server do the
other half.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com