Wintab: beginning to investigate Aric's patch from April.

Robert North 7ownq0k402 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:16:59 CDT 2003

Ok, I've just managed to start looking into Aric's Wintab32 patch from
April 23rd.

I've been extremely busy (more so than I expected) since then, on a
small Java contract. So I've missed my goal of looking into Aric's
code in 3 weeks. (Apologies Aric)

But anyway, I'm starting to look into it.

The first thing I'm seeing is a crash in the WTInfo() wintab call with
Painter 5. Will look into this further, and attempt to fix.

Aric: Ever had this? I'll investigate further before posting up
any significant details, as I suspect the fix is trivial.

Infact, has anyone else looked into this patch?

I haven't looked any further into Aric's other problems with Painter, as
this WTInfo() error prevents Painter from even starting!

More importantly, I'd like to know why it didn't make it into the CVS?
Did the patch slip behind the filing cabinet (as they do ;-)?
Or was there a more substantive reason to reject the patch?
I think Mike Hearn mentioned something about it's size (v. large)?
Aric, Alexandre: do you want me to want me to re-subimt the patch,
once I've got WTInfo() working?

I've also noticed that it doesn't update Wine's autoconf file to
look for the XInput X extension, as is done to support other dlls that
use X extensions. I assume this should be added.

Just to touch base with Aric: Has anyone done any more work in Code
Weavers on this?

That's all for now.
	-Rob.