More Info and a call for help

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 23 14:08:53 CDT 2003

Robert Lunnon wrote:
> I am having problems with this Program, Little Fighter II, and also the
> installer that comes with the Worms II demo, both internet downloadable.
> Anyway both of these faults might be due to stack overflows or overwrites,
> especially the Worms II one below. What variable controls the size of the
> stack allocated to a thread ?
Hi Robert. Worms2 installer installs (more or less correctly) on Linux.
So, this is likely a Solaris porting issue.
Thread size is set when creating the thread, with some guard pages (but
it should be at least 1 MB)

the crash way be caused by a stack corruption (ie a function pops one
dword too much). you could look at this with -debugmsg +relay.

> The Fault indicates that the exception occurs at eip 0xddb2484a: and the
> address of the fault indicates it also is at 0xddb2484a which would indicate
> that it had trouble fetching the instruction ???
insn is pop %es, so a wrong selector value on the stack will cause the
exception

A+
--
Eric Pouech