Wintab: Update on debugging & demo patch.

Robert North 7ownq0k402 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:04:40 CDT 2003

Aric Stewart aric-at-codeweavers.com |Wine Mailing Lists| wrote:
> I chatted with Alexandre yesterday and he expressed a number of concerns
> with how my patch works. He and I are going to work on make that patch
> suitable for winehq. Then i will get that applied. It should not change
> any of the functionality. Just trying to preserve DLL separation.

Can you discuss a bit further what the separation issues are.
I did some thinking about this when I was initially discussing a wintab
implementation.

Might be a useful reference for other people looking at dll separation
issues.

> Then i will work with your patch to get that stuff in as well. One,
> thing.. could you do add a -w to your  diff so that we can ignore the
> changes in white space. that will cause the patch to be smaller and
> easier for me to see what changes you made.
>
> thanks
>
> -aric

Ok, so you'll integrate the patches I sent.
One suggestion: When you apply the patches, re-work the
Packet reading functions to make the flush vs. read functionality
clearer. My patch doesn't make the difference clear to the casual
observer.

If you want I could do this re-working after you've posted your new patch.

I will work up some fixes to the Photoshop, and Painter issues with the
current code, and release patches aganist your forthcoming patch.
.... Unless you want to do that?

Cheers
	-Rob.