Memory Protection Wierdness

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Jun 30 13:44:41 CDT 2003

Robert Lunnon <bob at yarrabee.net.au> writes:

> But of course this code doesn't reset the page protections to allow the access.
>
> I Doctored this code so it would always allow the access and the installer then completed OK, But worms itself will not run yet
>
> Q. Should all views have handlers ?  Under What Conditions would they not ???

No, most views don't need handlers. Except in specific cases like
guard pages or DIB handling, if a given page is marked as no access
then we very much want to crash if it is accessed. Resetting the
protections on all accesses would make page protections completely
useless. You'll need to investigate where that page comes from and why
it's not accessible.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com