still many warnings from Mesa

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Jun 30 14:12:51 CDT 2003

> Nah.  It works perfectly, without a single warning, once
>
>   #define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES
>
> is added, but Raphaël didn't want that due to problems with broken nVIDEA
> drivers or somthing like that.
(...)
> This is not a Linux versus FreeBSD issue.

Well, the Linux ABI tells this :

" 4.4. glx.h must include the prototype of the glXGetProcAddressARB extension
       described above.

  4.5. All OpenGL 1.2 and ARB_multitexture, GLU 1.3, and GLX 1.3 entry
       points and enumerants must be present in the corresponding header
       files gl.h, glu.h, and glx.h, even if only OpenGL 1.1 is implemented
       at runtime by the associated runtime libraries.
"

So if your system was compliant, you should have all the glMulti* prototypes
defined in your gl.h file and glXGetProcAddressARB too.... So you should not
have any warning.

Nothing is mentionned in the ABI about any need for 'GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES'
protection of these calls, so well, I still think that it's somehow a
problem in your headers :-)

                       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/