[WineX-devel] Java problems with wine and Vampire

John Shillinglaw linuxtech at knology.net
Wed Jun 25 20:17:20 CDT 2003

I am trying to get the Game Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption to run
under wine... I tried wine and got tons of errors, I assume because of a
lack of directX support. After some fiddling, it ran under WineX, except
that the mouse moves very slow, and I get the following messages when
the game starts up ( after I added symcjit.dll and java 1.4.1_03 to
wine):

fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x4038d22c)->(00010021,00000013)
mmtime pid=4826 tid=4826
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x4043aa24,00010021,1):stub
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x403a4850,00010021,2):stub
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
jvm.dll.0(monitorNotify) imported from C:\windows\system32\symcjit.dll,
setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for jvm.dll.1(monitorWait)
imported from C:\windows\system32\symcjit.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
Symantec JIT version mismatch... cannot load SymcJit (0x52d0003)

Anyone have any ideas? Is the game slowness due to the above java
problem, or something else? Is the supported versions of WineX ( I
extremely low on cash so I can't afford the subscription yet) any
better?

The machine I'm running it on is a P4 Dragon with 128M and a fairly
hefty HD and swap file. I'm planning on adding another 128 to 512 Memory
when I solve some money problems.

I'm posting this to both lists since I think there might be other
applications that need java under wine... and is there a way to make
wine and my game use the java implementation for linux?

Thanks,
John