Wine default install queries - Wine 20030115

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sat Mar 1 21:14:50 CST 2003

J. Grant wrote:

> Tony Lambregts wrote:
>
>> J. Grant wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> OK:
>>>
>>> Created /home/now3d/.wine/config using default Wine configuration.
>>> You probably want to review the file, though.
>>>
>>> Compiling regedit...
>>> make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>>>
>>> Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
>>> Installing default Wine registry entries...
>>>
>>> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
>>> Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
>>>

>>> From "config"
>>>
>>> [Drive A]
>>> "Path" = "/mnt/fd0"
>>> "Type" = "floppy"
>>> "Label" = "Floppy"
>>> "Filesystem" = "win95"
>>> "Serial" = "87654321"
>>> "Device" = "/dev/fd0"
>>>

>>> [Drive D]
>>> "Path" = "/cdrom"
>>> "Type" = "cdrom"
>>> "Label" = "CD-Rom"
>>> "Filesystem" = "win95"
>>> ; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
>>> "Device" = "/dev/cdrom"
>>>

>>> Seems strange that although it said it was ignoring A: and D: it
>>> added them anyway.
>>

>> No No No. "The default config file contains  has the floppy  located
>> at /mnt/fd0 (Where it actualy is depends on your distro) likewise for
>> your CD-ROM.  When tools/wineinstall starts up regedit to install the
>> default registry it starts up wine. wine reads the config file and
>> cannot find those directorys (since thats not where your CD-ROM and
>> floppy are mounted) so it ignores them
>

> OK, I understand what ./tools/wineinstall is doing now.  I'm still not
> quite sure why A: and D: are not commented out if they are not found.
> If the user added a floppy then it could be made available again.  For
> me I get the error each time, until I indentify the paths are wrong, then
> comment it out myself (or correct them). the fstab should have all the
> info to create a working "config" file though I think...

tools/wineinstall calls tools/wineconf if you are making a "wine with
windows" installation. On my system this sets up the config file with
the correct setup for my cd-rom but not my floppy. For some reason this
is not done at all on a "wine without windows" install.

Do ya wana fix it or start a bug report.

--

Tony Lambregts