shlwapi.dll, Fix endless loop in StrPBrkW

Vincent Béron vberon at
Mon Mar 3 15:14:16 CST 2003

Michael Stefaniuc a écrit:
> That's even easier in smatch, i have to just check for:
> (if|for|while)_cond
> end_(if|for|while)
> but that's still a lot of false positives. One false positive (real
> code) is:
> 	while (*p++ != 0x4D && p < pend);
> I need to check what's inside the () too. I'm looking at the moment at
> the false positives to know what to look for.

Probably anything that changes a value (++, --, =, +=, -=, *=, /=, etc.).

But then you risk losing some real problems, as something might be
correctly assigned in the condition part of a while, but with a ";" as
loop instead of the real loop.