Wine dependancies

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Mon Mar 3 15:32:27 CST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:08:58PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Just as a quick continuation from Dans mail, I thought I'd find out what
> libs Wine actually required, at least on my build.
>
> Running:
>
> ( for f in *.so; do ldd $f | sed 's/ =>.*//'; done ) | sort | uniq
>
> in the $prefix/lib/wine/ directory produced the following list:
>
> The inclusion of libgcc_s and libstdc++ is from the Direct3D code I
> think, I didn't realise there were deps on the c++ libs.

> Otherwise, it's a remarkably short list. I think maybe quite a few of
> the libs are detected at runtime, I know there was a patch to make

You missed libXrender.so, libfreetype.so, libjack.so, libcups.so,
(libcrypto.so, libssl.so), which are loaded dynamically :)

libfreetype.so is also pulling the C++ libraries.

> instance, there is no dependancy on libjack. The other libs are fairly
> standard and would be present on almost all installations. A few, like
> the C++ libs and ncurses aren't a part of the LSB and at present would
> need to be statically linked.

I think the C++ libraries are going to be in LSB.

Also we currently access glibc lowlevel code, which does not help in
portability.

Ciao, Marcus